Wednesday 1 July 2009

Cuba


Cuba seems to be in the news all the time at the moment. Did you see the programme on Monday evening it was a bit over saturated but it still managed to make me feel homesick. I am amazed how many people come to the gallery and have either just been to Cuba or have just come back. They nearly always ask me how I got here and if I am wanting to tease them I say 'In a green MG'. It is true but not what they mean at all. They see Pembrokeshire as a very sterange place for me to be. But I loved Solva straight away - I came here with my wife on holiday and we never went away really. That was 16 years ago.


For me here has a magic all of its own. The light is fabulous for painting and there is a strongly spiritual feeling to the place. I know we live in an old Chapel which helps but it is all around. People come on one of our courses and they dont want to go home afterwards - they nearly always come back to explore more of the county or walk the coast path. You should come to the area and breath the freshness of the air - it will make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment