Friday 24 July 2009

Workshops for the Disadvantaged


Got very excited today as our MP Stephen Crabb came to see me. I am trying to get him interested in helping me set up workshops for those who are not easily able to get art experience. Specially those in prisons - I do believe that if they get a chance to try something new it helps them feel less hopeless about their future. Young people too who might not have the money or the encouragment to create art can make big changes in their lives just by knowing something new is open for them.


Everything seems to be happening at once. Have had to repaint the angel in the garden again. Also practising like crazy for my concert at St Davids Cathedral on 19th September - a once in a lifetime chance for me to play a piece of piano music I have been workign on for ten years. At the same time my new strand of work (art) is taking off and there is just a chance we might be able to go to Cuba in November. Haven't seen my family for 5 years so that would be wonderful. Not sleeping much in the excitement though and so driving Heather crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment